Social proof obviously can increase your conversion rate, hence, your sales. Shopify merchants are now seeking for effective social proof apps for reasons. Check out these stats:
- More than 70% of Americans say they look at product reviews before making a purchase
- Almost 63% of consumers are likely to purchase from a site if it has product ratings and reviews
A Yotpo survey found that 79% of shoppers refer friends to brands they love. Obviously, people are more likely to feel better about buying from a recommended brand. That’s why we should have a brand community. We have an article about building an online community, you can take some time to read it through.
As a merchant, you absolutely want to use social proof for your store. So, which social proof app is the best? We’ve pulled together the best social proof apps on the Shopify app store.
Now, let’s find out:
- Rating: 4.9/5
- Reviews: 3315
Loox is a Shopify photo review app. Your customers can leave product reviews, but with pictures. Normally, people can only leave text feedback. But now, the Internet has changed, and the users today prefer photos and reviews.
- Easy set-up: all you need to do is to download and install the Loox from the Shopify app store. Once done, you’re ready to use it.
- Compatible with all Shopify themes: Loox is compatible with all Shopify themes. It’s also responsive to mobile and tablet
- Automatic email reminders: You can create an email message reminding your customers to leave a photo review if they forget to do so.
- Import AliExpress reviews: Once you’re on the product page of a product in AliExpress, just click on the app extension and select Import, all the reviews of that product will be displayed in your store.
- Discounts for reviewers: Loox allows you to encourage your customers to leave a review by giving them something in return.
- Displays photo reviews and star rating on Google product listing ads and Search
For social proof apps help you to boost sales like Loox, it’s not free, but it has a 14-day free trial. After that, you need to start paying monthly:
- $9.99/month – 100 monthly review request emails
- $29.99/month – 500 monthly review request emails
- $59.99/month – 1,500 monthly review request emails
- $99.99/month – 10,000 monthly review request emails
All in all, Loox is pretty good among social proof apps help you to boost sales.
- Rating: 4.9/5
- Reviews: 2615
Fera is a Shopify app that helps merchants increase their store’s social validation, also urges their store visitors to make a purchase quickly. Social proof isn’t customers feedback only, it’s also the notifications of recent sales. The app creates a sense of urgency to motivate people to take action quickly. The app also displays the store’s social proof with recent reviews, the number of customer purchases to build trust for the store.
- Create urgency to buy – the app urges your store visitors to purchase with countdown timers, low stock warning, and recent shopper activities
- Use promo bars to draw attention – Fera helps you display your offers (specials, promotions, sales, or free shipping) at the top of your store as a banner with countdown timer
- Display social proof – Fera shows Recent Buyers and Add to Carts modules to make your products more reliable
- Customize – the app offers fully customizable design, templates, and advanced customization
- A/B Testing – to create completely optimized campaigns
An app with great features like Fera requires you to pay monthly subscriptions after 30-day free trial:
- Rating: 4.9/5
- Reviews: 2582
This app allows users to collect reviews from real customers and use them to promote brands and products. Businesses can automatically send emails to customers and also request reviews from them. The main benefits of Stamped IO are after-purchase automated email, email scheduling to request reviews, marketing and upselling.
- Works with any theme and device responsive
- Customizable to fit any brand from logo, colors, fonts, and layouts
- Moderation – you can choose which review to publish and control the comment on reviews
- Topics filter – you can filter reviews by topic
- Allows customers to review directly in Email
- Marketing and upsell
- Automated mail after purchase/fulfillment
- Review email scheduling
They offer both free and paid plans, based on your need for the store:
Also, people complain about the automatic sending email feature. The app sends the emails to customers even the store owners didn’t ask for it.
- Rating: 4.6/5
- Reviews: 2962
Ali review allows you to import product reviews from AliExpress into your Shopify store to get more customers attracted, build strong social proof, and get more sales. That way, you can raise your traffic to the store by showing ratings in various search results
What Ali Review allows you to do is adding product reviews from AliExpress to your store and make it look nice.
- Get the right product reviews from AliExpress to your store with advanced filter: photo, star number, content…
- Request real customer reviews through email
- Customizable email marketing campaign
- Fit popular themes
- Display buyers reviews on your site
- Allow users to customize review widget
- Provide advanced filtering and blacklisting options
We think the app’s weakness lies in the pricing plan:
After the 7-day trial, you have to start paying for a monthly subscription. As you can see, the app limits the number of product reviews for each package. So, you should make a decision on which one to select.
Also, you might need to know some code to fully control what you want to do with the app.
- Rating: 4.6/5
- Reviews: 1705
The main benefit of Yotpo is transforming your buyers into regular customers. Recently, the app has just presented a feature for social curation that distinguishes and gathers the best customer-produced content on Instagram. In this way, merchants can find it easier in showcasing product reviews to build trust among their customers.
- Automated reviews and settings: you don’t have to worry about sending these, they get a great response rate
- Onsite reviews: the reviews on product pages help brands build credibility
- Social push, rich snippets for SEO
- Engages more customers with Q&A community
- Easy-to-use interface
- Powerful analysis
One of the common negative reviews on Yotpo is about the price. $29/month is way too much for some users. Some state that they have trouble in removing the app when they don’t need it anymore. Also, customer support is in the users’ complaints. Anyway, Yotpo is still one of the social proof apps help you to boost sales in this new year.
- Rating: 5/5
- Reviews: 2
Proofo by Avada is a Shopify app that enables online stores to show notification popups of purchase/add-to-cart/sign up activities based on real data. Although it’s a new app, but with Proofo, building trust in new visitors is much more easily in a very natural way: showcase what your customers are doing with your stores. By this, turning visitors into fresh buyers now is under your control.
- Free plan is available
- Support Multiple Notice Types: Purchase, Add-to-cart, Sign up and even Custom Notice as you want
- Create Notice Campaigns: Each popup type can be set up in a different and separate campaign to meet specific marketing purposes of stores.
- Smart Timing: Allow setting popup duration, gap time between two pops, delay time and maximum pop numbers
- Advanced Targeting: Target to show specific popups in different countries, at certain time and places
- Premade and Customizable Design and Layout: Do not have time to configure the app? We do have ready-to-use templates and configurations. Otherwise, you can freely customize the look and content of popup.
There are several reports from the Avada team that their Proofo app conflicted with a few Shopify themes. However, they did the updates and release the compatible versions instantly. If you are getting any issue with Proofo, the support team will resolve it in real-time.
That’s it! Now that you know which social proof apps help you to boost sales in this new year. Why don’t give them a try to know which one works best? We’d like to hear from you in the comment section below!