Trust badges, also known as trust seals or trust icons, are little symbols often displayed on a web store to act as safety assurance for customers. Their main purpose is to increase customer trust, ease their fears and motivate them to shop with confidence. With that said, this article will have direct focus on payment trust badges, as it has direct impact on the customers’ shopping behavior and therefore the rate of sales conversion.
We’ve identified the Top 3 Most installed and reviewed Shopify Trust Badges apps on the App Store, and together we will analyze each of their advantages, disadvantages, reviews and pricing. After that, we’ll provide you with a verdict at the end of the article, about which of these apps we recommend. Additionally, we’ll also provide you with a little advice for your consideration.
Table of Contents
Top 3 Most popular Shopify Trust Badges Apps
With the highest number of badges available, Free Trust Badge by ShopClimb stands tall as the most versatile option when it comes to building trust on Shopify. However, being the only app on this list that offers paid plans, ShopClimb might induce potential customers to reconsider their choices.
- Over 140 badges available in the free plan
- Additional 670 badges in the paid plans
- Strong customization for text and badges (colour, font, size & format)
- Allows for badges to be placed in Footer, Home & Cart Page
- Allows for adding your own CSS
- Only allows for badges to be placed in the Product page in the free plan
- Limits page views in every plan, except the most expensive one
Rating: 4.8/5 – 1312 reviews (as of June 2020)
Savykitchen says: I used this app to add me badges so this is good, first you can try for free but I am a little bit confused here how to edit but finally I can do it so I recommend this (Overall rating: 5/5).
ShopKefune says: The drag and drop function was very useful! But it’s not very affordable for small businesses who are starting out to get the premium plans. (Overall rating: 5/5).
- Free: 145 free badges with all customization options. Up to 250,000 page views/month.
- $5.99/month: Additional 670 new badges, drag-and-drop editor and Custom CSS. Up to 2 million page views/month.
- $19.99/month: All premium features, concierge setup, priority support and unlimited page views/month.
With over 2,000 reviews and 4.8 rating, Trust Hero – Trust Badge FREE by Booster Apps certainly is a convincing option when it comes to Shopify trust badges. Moreover, Booster Apps themselves has also developed a reputation of building affordable but reliable apps, focusing mainly on sales conversion. Trust Hero is one of their most well-received products, and we are about to find out why.
- Over 110 badges available
- Strong customization for text and badges (color, font, size & format)
- Simple UI, very easy to use
- Only allows for badges to be placed in the Product page
Rating: 4.8/5 – 2188 reviews (as of June 2020)
The Creative Jewelry Shop says: This is an easy to use app that looks good on my site. It is easy for customers to see payment icons well before checkout commitment, which informs the buyer, and promotes sales (we all hope!). Thank you Trust Hero!!!! (Overall rating: 5/5).
Canine Collar Company says: App is not overly responsive. I have had to make several attempts to get all of the credit card badges selected. Additionally Google Pay is not a choice. I want to put the icons on my site but I don’t see anything here to assist me with this. Frustrating. (Overall rating: 3/5).
Free: All features without any limitation
The Ultimate Trust Badges FREE app by Conversion Bear might seem like the weakest contender on our list, but it might just be the strongest. Coming at only 584 reviews as of June 2020, it is the only app that has a perfect 5.0 rating without any 1-star review. Moreover, it is the only app that suggests Store Owners to try other similar Shopify Trust Badges apps in their App Description – including our above-mentioned alternatives.
- Over 270 badges available
- Colored badges are available, with options to change style (mono, original, card)
- Allows for animation and custom margin
- Allows for badges to be placed in Footer, Home & Cart page
- Custom badge request allowed
- Average customization for text and badges (fewer text fonts and fewer badge sizes)
- Placing badges outside the Product page requires some coding and guides
Rating: 5/5 – 584 reviews (as of June 2020)
Open Door Christian Store says: If you want a more professional look and that added security that your customers want in knowing you only use secure methods of checkout. I highly recommend that you, and well everyone, to download and install this wonderful application! They will help you with everything if you need it, so don’t stop now. Download it today! It will be one of the best decisions you can make! Y’all are awesome! Thank you Jonathan and team! P.S. They have many other applications which I’m checking into. I’m sure I will be just as pleased with them as well! Thanks again Jonathan, and everyone at Conversion Bear!!! (Overall rating: 5/5).
Free: All features without any limitation
Rich in features and strong in customer support, all these Shopify Trust Badges apps are a guarantee of success when it comes to building trust and converting sales. As a Shopify Store Owner, you might find it difficult to choose one of them to install, given how amazing they all are.
For that reason, here are our own suggestions: If you are only looking for a Trust Badge app that is simple to use and can help you with all your basic needs, go with option 3: Ultimate Trust Badges FREE by Conversion Bear. But if you are looking for something a bit more advanced with a diverse variety of badges, option 1: Free Trust Badge by ShopClimb will be your best bet.
However, none of these apps are without flaws. If there are anything you wish for that aren’t available in these apps, you might have to consider Custom Apps. They are essentially apps that are built specifically for you and your needs, which might just be the best solution in this case.
If you are interested, feel free to check out this article about the benefits of Custom Apps.